Praise and ThanksGiving
Unquestionably we thank God for Hishis his love and care over our marriage and the gift of children and grandchildren. We take this opportunity to praise and thank God for a productive and successful Marriage Seminar He gave us last week (10/27/2018) wherein the devotion we learned about being submissive/subjective to one another in fear of the Lord (Ephesians 5:21). To arrive at this level of love relationship of submissiveness/subjectiveness to one another, we must:
1. Imitate God. “Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children; 2 and walk in love, just as Christ also loved you and gave Himself up for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God as a fragrant aroma.” If we are going to be imitators of God, and if we submit to one another in our marriages in fear of the Lord, then,
2. Not allow sin to break throughout marriages. “But immorality [c]or any impurity or greed must not even be named among you, as is proper among [d]saints; 4 and there must be no filthiness and silly talk, or coarse jesting, which are not fitting, but rather giving of thanks. 5 For this you know with certainty, that no [e]immoral or impure person or covetous man, who is an idolater, has an inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God.” And, we shall not allow any deception. ”
3. Not yield to deceptions. “6 Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience. 7 Therefore do not be partakers with them; 8 for you were formerly darkness, but now you are Light in the Lord; walk as children of Light 9 (for the fruit of the Light consists in all goodness and righteousness and truth), 10 [f]trying to learn what is pleasing to the Lord. 11 Do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even [g]expose them; 12 for it is disgraceful even to speak of the things which are done by them in secret. 13 But all things become visible when they are [h]exposed by the light, for everything that becomes visible is light.”
4. Wake up, walk wisely, and redeem the time because the days before us are evil. “14 For this reason [i]it says, “Awake, sleeper, And arise from the dead, And Christ will shine on you.”15 Therefore [j]be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise, 16 [k]making the most of your time, because the days are evil.
5. Seek constant infilling of the Holy Spirit. “17 So then do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is. 18 And do not get drunk with wine, [l]for that is dissipation, but be filled with the Spirit.”
6. Develop a life of worshiping God always. “19 speaking to [m]one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody with your heart to the Lord; 20 always giving thanks for all things in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to [n]God, even the Father; 21 [o]and be subject to one another in the [p]fear of Christ.”